Friday, August 1, 2014

DIY: Embroidery Floss iPhone cord

Hey guys! I wanted to share with you a DIY project that I have been working on on-and-off these last few days: Embroidery Floss iPhone cord.

I always hard a hard time back at University trying to figure out which iPhone charger was mine and which ones were my roommates since we all have the same phone. However, with this, there will be no problem telling mine apart from theirs! Yay :)

I won't tell you how to make it on my blog since I found the tutorial on Beauty From Pane. She has a much better explanation than I could possible hope to write, so check it out!


It's really simple to make, but does take time, especially since the cord is so long!

If you want your colors to be in a "random" order, a helpful tip is to choose at least five different colors (for me I used five). Then using three threads at a time, alternate between the five different colors. When I choose which color to use for the next set, I always make sure to keep one color from the previous set. That way, the colors will flow more harmoniously between the sets, but at the same time look like a random assortment of colors!


Yay~ Hope you enjoyed this post!

Let me know if you guys like DIY projects! What do you like to DIY?

No comments:

Post a Comment