Thursday, July 10, 2014

Camp, Red Bean Milk Tea, and Radish Juice?

Wow! It's been so long since I last posted. A couple weeks ago, I went down to NorCal to serve as a camp counselor for a week-long Christian high school camp. It was such a humbling experience as I saw my own weaknesses as a leader and comforter. Yet at the same time, the experience was an incredible blessing as I saw my group of girls become closer and more willing to be vulnerable with each other as the week progressed. Overall, it was an incredible experience, and if you want to hear more about it, feel free to ask me about it in the comments or via email!

View from the center of the camp!
Group of students for morning prayer :) What a blessing to see!
After camp, I had to the blessing of visiting a friend who lives in the San Jose area! We took a late night trip to Fantasia Coffee & Tea and each ordered a cup of their hot red bean milk tea. OMG, it was good! The drink wasn't too sweet and the red beans were cooked perfectly, a perfect way to end a long week at camp~

Hot Red Bean Milk Tea
And lastly... I got sick towards the end of the camp and lost my voice. As a result, when I returned home, my mom decided that it would be best for me to try some home remedies. She heard that radish was supposed to be good for colds/coughing/etc. so yesterday, she told me to juice a raw radish, and me usually liking radish (in soup at least) thought it would taste just fine. To make it even better, I decided to add in some ginger and a pear for some extra spice and sweetness....



BUTTT. OMG. I. Almost. Died. Don't try it. It tasted horrible! I admit I do feel better today, but I don't know if it was due to the radish mixture or just rest and lots of fluids...

What do you think? Does your family have home remedies for sicknesses? Feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. I've hear about the radish, thanks for the warning!

    ela h.
    Gray Apron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, lol, no prob! xD Thanks for the comment!

      Delete